FedEx profit down 12 percent in wake of massive U.S. storm
Dec 19 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp reported an 11.9 percent drop i n quarterly profit, hurt by higher costs and lower shipment volumes in the wake of Superstorm Sandy as well as its customers' shift to lower-cost shipping methods.
The No. 2 U.S. package-delivery company on Wednesday reported fiscal second-quarter earnings of $438 million, or $1.39 per share, compared with $497 million, or $1.57 per share, a year earlier.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source