French bank reform will be model for Europe - finmin
PARIS Dec 19 (Reuters) - Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said on Wednesday France's plan to reform its banking system will stand as a model for the rest of Europe and that Germany was studying the possibility of launching a similar overhaul.
"I spoke to (German finance minister Wolfgang) Schaeuble... He told me that Germany wants also to engage in a reform process," he told journalists in Paris.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |