General Mills profit rises
Dec 19 (Reuters) - General Mills Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on Wednesday as a newly acquired business boosted sales.
Net earnings were $541.6 million, or 82 cents per share, in the second quarter ended Nov. 25, compared with $444.8 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose to $4.88 billion from $4.62 billion a year earlier, helped by the Yoki Alimentos business in Brazil.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |