Morgan Stanley urges redemptions from Paulson Advantage funds
BOSTON Dec 19 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney is recommending to its financial advisers that they pull client money out of John Paulson's Advantage and Advantage Plus funds, a person familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
The move is another blow to the billionaire hedge fund manager as his $5.7 billion Advantage funds are facing double-digit losses for the second year in a row.
The move is expected to shrink the two portfolios by roughly $100 million over the next year but the person familiar with the matter said that the New York-based firm is also expecting to see inflows that will offset these numbers.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |