Japan LDP coalition partner: Will call for BOJ easing in policy agreement
TOKYO Dec 19 (Reuters) - A senior official of the New Komeito, a coalition partner of Japan's Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), said on Wednesday a policy agreement between the two parties will mention the need for the central bank to pursue monetary easing.
Keiichi Ishii, policy chief of the New Komeito opposition party, also said there was no need to scrap a medium- to long-term target for restoring Japan's fiscal health.
Ishii made the remarks after a meeting with his counterpart of the LDP, which surged to power in Sunday's lower house election.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |