Insurer Markel to buy rival Alterra Capital for about $3 bln
Dec 19 (Reuters) - Specialty insurer Markel Corp said it will buy rival Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd for about $3 billion in cash and stock.
The offer of $31 per share represents a premium of 34 percent to Alterra's closing stock price of $23.15 on Tuesday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.