US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St edges up, tech shares gain
NEW YORK Dec 19 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened modestly higher on Wednesday as the latest offers in ongoing budget negotiations underlined hopes for a deal, while technology shares jumped after strong results from Oracle.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 1.19 points, or 0.01 percent, to 13,352.15. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 0.61 points, or 0.04 percent, to 1,447.40. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 5.87 points, or 0.19 percent, to 3,060.40.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image