- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
Navistar reports loss on tax expense, charges
Dec 19 (Reuters) - U.S. truck and engine maker Navistar International Corp reported a quarterly loss on tax expenses and charges related to its cost-cutting program.
The company reported an attributable loss of $2.77 billion, or $40.13 per share, for the fourth quarter, compared with a profit of $255 million, or $3.48 per share, a year earlier.
The results included a non-cash tax expense of $2 billion, or $28.59 per share, Navistar said.
Revenue fell 24 percent to $3.28 billion.
Activist investor Carl Icahn, who has a 14.8 percent stake in Navistar according to Reuters data, has been unhappy with the way the company has run its business and has long sought its merger with rival Oshkosh Corp.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this