RWE says streamlines Czech operations
FRANKFURT Dec 19 (Reuters) - German utility RWE said it was streamlining its operations in the Czech Republic, creating two separate units for its gas and sales operations in the country.
As part of the process, funds managed by Macquarie will acquire E.ON's, SPP's and GDF Suez' stakes in RWE's regional gas companies VCP, SMP and JMP, RWE said on Wednesday.
Macquarie would then swap those stakes for a 35 percent stake in RWE Grid Holding, which will comprise RWE's Czech gas distribution activities. RWE will also receive cash as part of that swap. (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales