- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
THQ files for bankruptcy, Clearlake makes offer for assets
SAN FRANCISCO |
SAN FRANCISCO Dec 19 (Reuters) - Video game maker THQ Inc said Wednesday it filed for bankruptcy, and private investment firm Clearlake Capital Group has offered to buy its assets.
THQ has filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware to facilitate a sale of the assets of its operating business, including its four owned studios and games in development.
Shares of THQ were halted on the NASDAQ in the early afternoon.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this