FedEx forecast assumes U.S. does not go off "fiscal cliff": executive
(Reuters) - FedEx Corp's (FDX.N) fiscal 2013 profit forecast presumes that the White House and lawmakers in Washington reach a deal to avoid the year-end "fiscal cliff" of higher taxes and sharp cuts to government spending.
"Our outlook ... assumes that the U.S. does not go off the fiscal cliff and into a recession," said Alan Graf, chief financial officer of the No. 2 U.S. package-delivery company.
(Reporting By Scott Malone; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport