Several injured by blasts in Somali-dominated area of Nairobi
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Two loud blasts in quick succession injured a number of people near a mosque in the Somali-dominated Eastleigh area of the Kenyan capital Nairobi on Wednesday, local media said.
The area has been the scene of numerous attacks suspected to be the work of Somali Islamist groups who object to Kenya's armed incursion into neighboring Somalia.
(Reporting by James Macharia; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |