South Korea president-elect Park says victory is people's hope for economic recovery
SEOUL (Reuters) - The winner of South Korea's presidential election, Park Geun-hye, said on Wednesday that her victory would help her country's economy recover.
"This is a victory brought by the people's hope for overcoming crisis and economic recovery," she told supporters in Seoul.
Export-dependent South Korea has seen growth fall to just over two percent this year, from an annual average of 5.5 percent during its decades of stellar growth as it turned from a developing nation to become Asia's fourth largest economy.
(Reporting by Jack Kim)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data