Canada to appeal WTO ruling against Ontario green energy program
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada will appeal a decision by the World Trade Organization which said the province of Ontario's move to pay green energy companies more for their electricity broke WTO rules, the federal trade ministry said on Wednesday.
The WTO largely backed complaints from Japan and the European Union that the program discriminated unfairly against foreign companies.
"The government of Canada will be appealing the decision as requested by the government of Ontario," said Caitlin Workman, a spokeswoman for the federal trade ministry.
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources