- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Brazil's Vale agrees to pay $232 mln in Swiss tax dispute
SAO PAULO |
SAO PAULO Dec 19 (Reuters) - Vale SA plans to pay 212 million Swiss francs ($232 million) in taxes under dispute with the Swiss government, according to a securities filing on Wednesday.
Vale had provisioned $37 million for the potential tax charges, the filing said. The company will take a charge of $195 million in the fourth quarter to settle the dispute, according to the filing.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this