Venezuela's Chavez stable after respiratory infection - gov't
CARACAS Dec 18 (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez is in a "stable" condition in Cuba after being treated for a respiratory infection following his cancer surgery last week, the government said.
Chavez, 58, is battling to recover from his fourth operation since he was first diagnosed with cancer in mid-2011.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note