Venezuela's Chavez stable after respiratory infection - gov't
CARACAS Dec 18 (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez is in a "stable" condition in Cuba after being treated for a respiratory infection following his cancer surgery last week, the government said.
Chavez, 58, is battling to recover from his fourth operation since he was first diagnosed with cancer in mid-2011.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand