Citigroup not looking to fill chief operating officer's spot-WSJ
Dec 19 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc's chief executive, Michael Corbat, is not looking to fill the positions of president and chief operating officer, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Michael Corbat, who took over as chief executive following Vikram Pandit's resignation in October, briefed the board on his thinking at meetings last week, the paper said. An announcement is expected early next year, the Journal said.
The former chief operating officer, John Havens, resigned when Pandit did.
A Citi spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South