ConAgra profit rises on acquisitions, consumer foods sales
Dec 20 (Reuters) - ConAgra Foods Inc reported a 17 percent jump in second-quarter profit, helped by recent acquisitions and higher sales in its consumer foods business.
The maker of Chef Boyardee pasta and Hunt's ketchup said profit rose to $211.6 million, or 51 cents per share, in the quarter ended Nov. 25, from $180.2 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $3.74 billion.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'