ConAgra profit rises on acquisitions, consumer foods sales
Dec 20 (Reuters) - ConAgra Foods Inc reported a 17 percent jump in second-quarter profit, helped by recent acquisitions and higher sales in its consumer foods business.
The maker of Chef Boyardee pasta and Hunt's ketchup said profit rose to $211.6 million, or 51 cents per share, in the quarter ended Nov. 25, from $180.2 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $3.74 billion.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- EU imposes sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution