ConAgra profit rises on acquisitions, consumer foods sales
Dec 20 (Reuters) - ConAgra Foods Inc reported a 17 percent jump in second-quarter profit, helped by recent acquisitions and higher sales in its consumer foods business.
The maker of Chef Boyardee pasta and Hunt's ketchup said profit rose to $211.6 million, or 51 cents per share, in the quarter ended Nov. 25, from $180.2 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $3.74 billion.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |