ConAgra profit rises on acquisitions, consumer foods sales
Dec 20 (Reuters) - ConAgra Foods Inc reported a 17 percent jump in second-quarter profit, helped by recent acquisitions and higher sales in its consumer foods business.
The maker of Chef Boyardee pasta and Hunt's ketchup said profit rose to $211.6 million, or 51 cents per share, in the quarter ended Nov. 25, from $180.2 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $3.74 billion.
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |