Discover Financial profit rises on higher card spending
Dec 20 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services's quarterly profit rose as more people shopped with their credit cards.
Profit rose to $551 million, or $1.07 per share, in the fourth quarter, from $513 million, or 95 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials