Dubai bank ENBD to buy BNP Paribas' Egypt arm for $500 mln
DUBAI Dec 20 (Reuters) - Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest lender, has agreed to buy a 95.2 percent stake in BNP Paribas' Egyptian arm from the French bank in a deal which values the entire business at $500 million.
ENBD, part-owned by the Dubai government, will make an offer to minority shareholders for the remaining 4.8 percent stake, the Dubai bank said in a statement on Thursday.
The deal is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2013, pending regulatory approval.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |