Dubai bank ENBD to buy BNP Paribas' Egypt arm for $500 mln
DUBAI Dec 20 (Reuters) - Emirates NBD, Dubai's largest lender, has agreed to buy a 95.2 percent stake in BNP Paribas' Egyptian arm from the French bank in a deal which values the entire business at $500 million.
ENBD, part-owned by the Dubai government, will make an offer to minority shareholders for the remaining 4.8 percent stake, the Dubai bank said in a statement on Thursday.
The deal is expected to close by the end of the first quarter of 2013, pending regulatory approval.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions