'Homeland' star Claire Danes gives birth to first child
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes has given birth to her first child, a boy, the publicist for the "Homeland" star said on Wednesday.
Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy was born on Monday to Danes, 33, and her husband, British actor Hugh Dancy.
Danes' performance as CIA operative Carrie Matheson on Showtime's "Homeland" series scored her an Emmy win in September, while the psychological thriller won the TV industry's highest honor of best drama series.
Danes is nominated for her second Golden Globe award in the role at the Hollywood awards show in January. She also has won multiple awards for her past work on 2010 TV film "Temple Grandin," and as a 15-year-old on the 1990s coming-of-age television drama "My So-Called Life."
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey, editing by Jill Serjeant and Lisa Shumaker)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow