Herbalife - Ackman analysis full of 'misstatements and mistakes'
NEW YORK Dec 20 (Reuters) - Nutrition company Herbalife Ltd on Thursday dismissed Pershing Square Capital Management's criticism of its business saying the hedge fund presentation to a conference was riddled with "misstatements and mistakes," according to a press release.
Herbalife executives had been denied access to the conference where Pershing Square founder William Ackman presented his claims that Herbalife was an pyramid scheme.
"Had our executives been there, they would have been able to tear Mr. Ackman's premises and interpretation of our business model apart," Herbalife's statement said.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World