ICE CEO says proposal to buy NYSE 'well received' by regulators
Dec 20 (Reuters) - IntercontinentalExchange Inc's $8.2 billion proposal to acquire NYSE Euronext has been "well received" by regulators, ICE Chief Executive Jeffrey Sprecher said on Thursday.
Sprecher said he and NYSE CEO Duncan Niederaur just completed a "whirlwind tour" visiting global regulators, particularly the five regulators that oversee the various markets in Europe, ahead of their announcement of the deal on Thursday morning.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry