Japan LDP: significant fresh spending needed via extra budget
TOKYO Dec 20 (Reuters) - Japan will need an extra budget that provides for significant fresh spending to help the economy, the policy chief for the country's incoming prime minister said on Thursday.
Akira Amari, the current Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) policy chief, told reporters that a decision will be made on an economic emergency package on January 15.
Amari, a former trade minister, is due to take charge of the party's "Economic Revival Headquarters" for next Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea