European stock index futures signal lower start
LONDON Dec 20 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Thursday, with investors using frictions in U.S. budget talks as an excuse to take profit on some overbought indexes.
At 0700 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and France's CAC were down 0.3 percent, while contracts on Germany's DAX shed 0.4 percent.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port