Euro hits session highs vs US dollar, yen
NEW YORK Dec 20 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains on Thursday, hitting session highs against the dollar and yen, with some traders citing technical buying.
A trader said stops were triggered in the $1.3270 area in euro/dollar, extending the pair's gains. The euro touched the day's high of $1.3295. It was last at $1.3291, up 0.5 percent.
Euro/dollar gains, meanwhile, carried over to euro/yen , which hit a session peak of 112.14 yen. It last traded at 112.01, up 0.3 percent.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |