Euro hits session highs vs US dollar, yen
NEW YORK Dec 20 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains on Thursday, hitting session highs against the dollar and yen, with some traders citing technical buying.
A trader said stops were triggered in the $1.3270 area in euro/dollar, extending the pair's gains. The euro touched the day's high of $1.3295. It was last at $1.3291, up 0.5 percent.
Euro/dollar gains, meanwhile, carried over to euro/yen , which hit a session peak of 112.14 yen. It last traded at 112.01, up 0.3 percent.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea