U.S. municipal bond funds report $2.31 bln outflows -Lipper
WASHINGTON, Dec. 20 - U.S. municipal bond funds reported $2.31 billion of net outflows in the week ended Dec. 19, versus $311 million of net inflows in the prior week, according to data released by Lipper on Thursday.
The outflows were the biggest since January 2011 and the first since the week ended Oct. 31. Municipal bond funds, popular with retail investors, had so far attracted net weekly inflows for just over a year, barring two periods - the weeks ended April 11 and Oct. 31.
The four-week moving average turned negative, said Lipper, a unit of Thomson Reuters.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia