BRIEF-RIM CFO says some assets held for sale, cash position to remain strong
TORONTO Dec 20 (Reuters) - Research In Motion Ltd : * Chief financial officer brian bidulka says blackberry sell-through was 8.4
million units * CFO says some assets have been held for sale and will be reflected in
financial statements as discontinued operations until they are disposed of * CFO says sales outside the u.s., UK, and Canada grew 7 percent this quarter,
made up about 65 percent of total revenue, compared to 58 percent in Q2 * CFO says expects to end the fiscal year "substantially higher" than the $2.1
billion when the year started * CFO says spend $55 mil * CFO says spend $55 million in pre-tax restructuring costs, ended quarter with
13,400 employees * CFO says expects total cost of cost-cutting program to be about $250 million
by end of fiscal 2013, versus initial estimate of $350 million * CFO says expects capital expenditure in current quarter to be below $100
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'