Russia's VTB Q3 net profit up 40 pct, beats forecast
MOSCOW Dec 20 (Reuters) - VTB, Russia's No.2 lender, posted 26.6 billion roubles ($864.51 million) in third quarter net profit, up 40 percent from the same period last year, the bank said in a statement on Thursday.
State-controlled VTB reported net profit of 19.0 billion roubles in the third quarter of last year. A Reuters poll of analysts expected it to post 20.4 billion roubles.
In the first nine months of this year, VTB posted 60.2 billion roubles in net profit, also beating analysts' expectations. In the same period last year, its net profit was 72.6 billion roubles. ($1 = 30.7687 Russian roubles) (Reporting by Katya Golubkova)
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software