Spain Jan-Nov central gov't deficit 4.37 pct of GDP
MADRID Dec 20 (Reuters) - The deficit of Spain's central government came to 4.37 percent of gross domestic product in the January-November period, the Treasury ministry said on Thursday. Stripped of extraordinary items, such as early transfers of funds to cash-strapped regional governments, the figure came to 4.28 percent of GDP, the ministry said. The full-year deficit target for the central government is 4.5 percent of GDP while the overall deficit objective - including regions and social security - is 6.3 percent of GDP.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76