Turkey may tender national lottery licence in H1 2013-finmin
ISTANBUL Dec 20 (Reuters) - Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek said on Thursday Turkey plans to tender a licence to operate the national lottery in the first half of 2013.
Speaking in an interview on CNBC-e television, Simsek also said the government may initially reduce its stake in Turk Telekom to 25 percent. It now has a 32 percent stake in Turk Telekom, while Saudi Oger controls a majority.
Turkey will sell a stake of about 7 percent in its biggest telecoms company Turk Telekom through a secondary public offering in February, sources close to the matter previously told Reuters. (Reporting by Seda Sezer)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Court deals blow to Obama health law by limiting subsidies
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- EU readies capital, tech sanctions on Russia, but not yet