Turkey may tender national lottery licence in H1 2013-finmin
ISTANBUL Dec 20 (Reuters) - Turkish Finance Minister Mehmet Simsek said on Thursday Turkey plans to tender a licence to operate the national lottery in the first half of 2013.
Speaking in an interview on CNBC-e television, Simsek also said the government may initially reduce its stake in Turk Telekom to 25 percent. It now has a 32 percent stake in Turk Telekom, while Saudi Oger controls a majority.
Turkey will sell a stake of about 7 percent in its biggest telecoms company Turk Telekom through a secondary public offering in February, sources close to the matter previously told Reuters. (Reporting by Seda Sezer)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped