Samsung Electronics completes talks for $3.9 billion U.S. chip expansion
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, the world's No.1 memory-chip maker, said on Thursday it has completed talks with the state government of Texas where it plans to invest $3.9 billion to expand system-chip production lines and that the expansion would proceed.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park and Se Young Lee; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM