Samsung Electronics completes talks for $3.9 billion U.S. chip expansion
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd, the world's No.1 memory-chip maker, said on Thursday it has completed talks with the state government of Texas where it plans to invest $3.9 billion to expand system-chip production lines and that the expansion would proceed.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park and Se Young Lee; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead