Boehner says will keep working with Obama on 'fiscal cliff'
WASHINGTON Dec 20 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday that he expects to keep working with President Barack Obama to try to avert the year-end "fiscal cliff" after House Republicans pass an alternative plan for a tax hike on millionaires.
"The country faces challenges, and the president and I, in our respective roles, have a responsibility to work together to get them a result. And I expect that we'll continue to work together," Boehner told a news conference at the Capitol.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data