Reid: US Senate will return Dec 27 if no pre-Christmas deal
WASHINGTON Dec 20 (Reuters) - If there is no pre-Christmas deal on "the fiscal cliff," the U.S. Senate will return to work on Dec. 27 and resume efforts to get one, Senate Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Thursday.
Reid announced the date as he and fellow Democratic leaders urged the Republican-led House of Representatives to pass a potentially pivotal tax-cut bill earlier approved by their chamber. The Senate may recess for the holidays as early as later today.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin