GE to buy Avio's aviation business for $4.3 bln
Dec 21 (Reuters) - General Electric Co said it would buy the aviation business of Avio S.p.A., an Italy-based maker of aviation propulsion components and systems for civil and military aircraft, for $4.3 billion.
Avio will strengthen GE's global supply chain capabilities as its engine production rates continue to rise to meet growing customer demand, GE said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End clothing label