TEXT-S&P summary: Prudential PLC
Dec 21 -
Summary analysis -- Prudential PLC -------------------------------- 21-Dec-2012
CREDIT RATING: A+/Negative/A-1 Country: United Kingdom
Primary SIC: Holding
Mult. CUSIP6: 74435K
Mult. CUSIP6: 7443M2
Mult. CUSIP6: 7443M3
Mult. CUSIP6: 7443M5
Credit Rating History:
Local currency Foreign currency
23-Jun-2006 A+/A-1 A+/A-1
29-Jan-2003 AA-/A-1+ AA-/A-1+
The counterparty credit ratings on U.K.-based Prudential PLC (Prudential) reflect its position as the holding company for the Prudential group (the group), which has a very strong competitive position, resilient and diversified operating earnings profile, and very strong financial flexibility. Strong enterprise risk management has helped mitigate some of the adverse effects on capital adequacy of current market conditions, although financial market risks remain elevated. These strengths are partially offset by pressures on current and prospective capital adequacy and the shifting profile of the group away from its historical strength in the U.K.
Prudential owns significant life insurance and asset management operations in Asia, the U.S., and the U.K. It had approximately GBP363 billion in funds under management on June 30, 2012.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'