Nikkei rises, led by exporters on weak yen
TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose on Friday and may test a nine-month high after Wall Street stocks climbed on hopes for progress in U.S. fiscal talks, with exporters gaining on a weaker yen. The Nikkei gained 1.0 percent to 10,142.09, and the broader Topix added 0.9 percent to 846.27.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner