RPT-U.S. stock futures fall on worries over U.S. 'fiscal cliff'
TOKYO Dec 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures fell sharply after U.S. House of Representative Speaker John Boehner conceded that his tax bill designed to help avert the "fiscal cliff" lacked the votes to pass.
S&P 500 stock futures fell 1.6 percent, while Dow Jones stock futures and Nasdaq futures both lost 1.5 percent.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |