Mauritius economy seen growing 3.7 pct in 2013 -stats office
PORT LOUIS Dec 21 (Reuters) - Mauritius' economy is likely to grow 3.3 percent in 2012 and will expand at a higher pace of 3.7 percent next year, the statistics office said on Friday.
"On the basis of information gathered on key sectors of the economy, and assuming historical implementation capacity of measures announced in the last budget as baseline, GDP would grow by around 3.7 percent in 2013, higher than the 3.3 percent growth estimated for 2012," Statistics Mauritius said in a statement. (Reporting by Jean Paul Arouff; Editing George Obulutsa)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |