SNC-Lavalin says client terminates oil sands plant contract
Dec 21 (Reuters) - SNC-Lavalin Group Inc said on Friday that a client had notified the company that it was terminating an engineering and construction contract awarded to SNC for a froth treatment plant in Alberta's oil sands last November.
SNC said in a statement the project will be removed from the company's backlog in the fourth quarter but that it did not anticipate that its termination will have a material impact on fourth-quarter earnings.
Montreal-based SNC is Canada's largest engineering company.
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |