SNC-Lavalin says client terminates oil sands plant contract
Dec 21 (Reuters) - SNC-Lavalin Group Inc said on Friday that a client had notified the company that it was terminating an engineering and construction contract awarded to SNC for a froth treatment plant in Alberta's oil sands last November.
SNC said in a statement the project will be removed from the company's backlog in the fourth quarter but that it did not anticipate that its termination will have a material impact on fourth-quarter earnings.
Montreal-based SNC is Canada's largest engineering company.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |