SNC-Lavalin says client terminates oil sands plant contract
Dec 21 (Reuters) - SNC-Lavalin Group Inc said on Friday that a client had notified the company that it was terminating an engineering and construction contract awarded to SNC for a froth treatment plant in Alberta's oil sands last November.
SNC said in a statement the project will be removed from the company's backlog in the fourth quarter but that it did not anticipate that its termination will have a material impact on fourth-quarter earnings.
Montreal-based SNC is Canada's largest engineering company.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |