Statoil makes another gas discovery off Tanzania
OSLO Dec 21 (Reuters) - Norwegian energy firm Statoil made another natural gas discovery in the Lavani-2 epxplorationa and appraisal well in Tanzania, the company said on Friday.
"Statoil and its co-venturer ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Tanzania Limited will announce updated total volumes in Block 2 next year," it said in a statement.
"An increase in the upside potential of the Block is expected following further evaluations of the well," it added.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister