Technip consortium wins offshore platform deal
PARIS Dec 21 (Reuters) - A consortium led by French oil and gas services group Technip with Samsung Heavy Industries won a contract worth $1.25 billion from oil major Total to create an offshore platform off the coast of Norway, Technip said.
Technip's share of the contract, which covers the "engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, hook-up and commissioning of the topsides of a fixed production platform", amounts to $780 million, it said on Friday.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website