McGehee to join fellow former Yankee Jones in Japan: report
(Reuters) - Infielder Casey McGehee is on the verge of joining another former New York Yankee Andruw Jones at the Rakuten Eagles in Japan's professional baseball league, according to a local media report on Friday.
Rakuten, who signed former All-Star outfielder Jones earlier this week, have agreed to a 130 million yen ($1.54 million) one-year contract with 30-year-old free-agent McGehee, Kyodo news agency reported.
The deal would be announced after a medical, the report added.
McGehee, who has also played for the Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers, batted .217 with nine homers and 41 RBIs for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Yankees last season.
($1 = 84.39 yen)
(Reporting by Amlan Chakraborty in New Delhi; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details