Putin says Russia could join Cyprus bailout effort
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said his country could provide support to Cyprus as part of an international bailout for the indebted island, but only after euro zone countries have defined the terms of their assistance.
"We do not see it as comfortable for ourselves to meddle in this process. But, if... agreement is reached, we do not rule out the possibility to join in with the stabilization of Cyprus' financial (position)," Putin told reporters in Brussels following an EU-Russia summit.
(Reporting by Charlie Dunmore and Alexei Anitschuk; editing by Barbara Lewis)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image