Obama and family to leave for Hawaii on Friday evening - White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama and his family are slated to depart for his native state of Hawaii on Friday evening, the White House said shortly after Obama delivered a statement on the fiscal cliff standoff.
Obama had told reporters "see you next week" at the end of his appearance in the briefing room, but the White House did not specify when the president would return to Washington. The Obama family have traditionally spent their Christmas holidays in Honolulu.
(Reporting By Matt Spetalnick)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source