More than 320,000 without power in East after storms
(Reuters) - More than 320,000 homes and businesses were without power in the Eastern half of the United States on Friday after a series of snow and rain storms over the past few days, power companies said.
The hardest hit states Friday morning were Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin, but outages also remained in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Nebraska and Iowa from storms on Thursday.
Storms knocked out power to more than 660,000 customers over the past couple of days.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |