Boehner to hold press conference, likely on 'fiscal cliff'
WASHINGTON Dec 21 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner has scheduled a press conference for 10 a.m. ET (1500 GMT) Friday that likely will focus on his thoughts on how to avoid the "fiscal cliff" at year's end.
Late on Thursday, Boehner abandoned attempts to pass a narrow Republican remedy to the tax and spending problem when he could not muster enough votes in his own party.
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study